6165 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Drivers for B120i for RHEL 7.4

fredo1664
Advisor

I still have the issue.

I found out that HP actually released a SPP for RHEL 7.4, here: https://downloads.linux.hpe.com/SDR/repo/spp-gen8/rhel/7.4/x86_64/gen8.0_postprod/

... but the hpvsa driver is still for 7.3... :-(

MagicUK
Frequent Visitor

Hi all,

I'm also in the same situation. Like others have said, I was hoping that as CentOS and RHEL 7.4 have both been out for a while that HP would have provided updated hpvsa packages by now.

It would be handy to know if HPE plan to release a new version? I'd rather not have to re-install my server if possible.

Cheers,

Neil.

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

@MagicUK wrote:

It would be handy to know if HPE plan to release a new version? I'd rather not have to re-install my server if possible.

Yes a RHEL 7.4 version of hpvsa is currently in the QA process.  I don't have a release date, but unless an issue is discovered during QA, I would assume the driver will be released soon.

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
fredo1664
Advisor

That's very good news Jimmy, thanks.

I'm not very knowledgeable of RPM packages. Couldn't the hpvsa package be made dependent on the specific kernel version so that the kernel doesn't upgrade if the driver is not available, so that a simple 'yum update' doesn't end up in a kernel panic?

MagicUK
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

Sorry to nag, is there an ETA from HPE?

Thanks,

Neil.

K_Mu
Occasional Advisor

@Jimmy VanceThank you for the information. However, another month has passed. I don't quite understand why it takes so long. RHEL 7.4 has already been released on August 1st. For comparison:

SLES 12 SP3 was released on September 7th, the HPE driver was released on September 15th.
On September 15th a new driver for SLES 11 was released.

Is Red Hat no longer supported? I haven't been able to patch my system for four months, despite some security flaws.

wagnerfl

Hello Togehter,

i'm facing the same problem and i was chatting with HPE Support for about an hour and i dont even get a hint. Just:
There will be a driver for 7.4 and it is in testing process.

But not even a hint on the time of realse.

The support guy is driving me crazy on all the time repeating that i should contact the OS Company! On a HPE driver related problem.

K_Mu
Occasional Advisor

fredo1664
Advisor

Thanks!

I have installed it manually and it worked.

MagicUK
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for sharing the link - worked for me also.

I did see several dracut errors when installing the RPM, but after examining syslog this appears to be from trying to insert the new kernel module into the initramfs for the older kernels.

Now running with the 3.10.0-693.11.1.el7.x86_64 kernel :-)

Cheers,

Neil.