New Discussion

Re: Drivers for Windows server 2016

SOLVED
Go to solution
Lukas1
Occasional Contributor

Drivers for Windows server 2016

Hello people,

I tried to install Windows Server 2016 on my ProLiant DL20 but it is asking for drivers. I dont know which one can you help me please ?

Regards,

Lukas

6 REPLIES 6
HPSDMike
HPE Pro

It's generally easiest to install the OS through the "Intelligent Provisioning" process (F10 at boot); it should inject the needed drivers. 

If you want, you can download individual drivers here 

Or you can download, HPE SUM and attach an SPP baseline. This should allow you update all firmware and drivers in one quick pass. 

I work for HPE. The comments in this post are my own and do not represent an official reply from the company. No warranty or guarantees of any kind are expressed in my reply.

Accept or Kudo

Lukas1
Occasional Contributor

But how can I download the SPP because I have to sign a support contract or something like this ?

HPSDMike
HPE Pro
Solution

Yes, you need a support entitlement to download the SPP. Have you tried? Have you linked the serial number/part number of the server to your HPE Support Center account? Give it a try. 

I work for HPE. The comments in this post are my own and do not represent an official reply from the company. No warranty or guarantees of any kind are expressed in my reply.

Accept or Kudo

Etha
Occasional Visitor

thanksss

Asksouley
Occasional Advisor

Yes  I  had  the same problem too. Installed updates via the SPP but some of the drivers were missing

Asksouley
Occasional Advisor

Hello 

I did an update via the SPP but some drivers where still missing when I checked in device manager. Any trick I'm missing ?

Thanks