cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dual processor recogniztion problem

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Dual processor recogniztion problem

I am only able to get one processor recognized and I would appreciate any help someone may have. I am hoping I do not have to reinstall Server 2000 to get this problem corrected. If I do have to is there a way to save all of my current DNS, and other Active directory settings and restore them after I re-install server 2000.

Thanks.

Howard

Proliant 3000 Serial number R041DDL 10000

The information below is from the system summary when the system is up and I am looking at the settings under "Manage" computer

Processor 1 x86 Family 6 Model 7 Stepping 3~500mhz
Processor 2 x86 Family 6 Model 7 Stepping 3~500mhz

When I go into "Device Manager" under "Processors," which is under "Computer" it show only one processor "MPC" I run the driver update and the rest of the procedure selecting "MPC" and reboot the system, again all of the information is the same and it shows only one processor.

This is from when the system first is booting up

Processor 1 Initialized 500 MHZ with 512 kb cache
Processor 1 Initialized 500 MHZ with 512 kb cache

I have gone into the System config and it has the option's of Full table, Full table mapped and one other option I believe it is disabled. Mine is set for "Full Table"

I cannot get it to recognise the other processor. I have read in the forum about installing a multiprocessor HAL, I can only assume it must already be installed, if not what do I have to do to get the other processor installed.

I have installed the latest Rompaq and the Compaq support pack as listed below. I have also installed Service pack 1 for Windows.

Compaq Support Paq for Microsoft Windows 2000

Version 5.10 B
27 Jun 2001

Systems ROMPaq Firmware Upgrade Diskette for the Compaq ProLiant 1850R (P07), 800 (P14), 3000 (P09), and 5500 (P12) Servers
4.13 A
8 Dec 2000
4.12 A
4.11 A
2 REPLIES
Mark Cloutier
Respected Contributor

Re: Dual processor recogniztion problem

the procedure you used in the device manager is MOSTLY correct except you need to choose ACPI multiprocessor PC and not the choice you made..this should work fine...
We are here for a good time, not a long time!
David Atterbury
Occasional Visitor

Re: Dual processor recogniztion problem

Thanks to the reply from Mark this has sorted out a problem we did have with one of our HP servers. Thanks again Mark.