1752777 Members
5784 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

During Install system continually reboots

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

During Install system continually reboots

after using smartstart 4.8 assisited install win2k advanced server loads the initial startup screen begins to load for the first time than the system reboots and will continue to do so. Driver issue?
7 REPLIES 7
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Re: During Install system continually reboots

We are having the same problem with 4.9.
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Also having same problem. Dual processor III933, Remote Insight Board.
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

I finally figured it out, If you have added a second processor, please remove the red tab or protector, this causes the processor to overheat causing the system to restart (windows 2000). If you don't will continually restat
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

I had the same problem, using Smart Start 4.9 and Win2k Adv. Server, though I could repeat the problem with either assisted or manual install. My machine shipped with 2 processors, 2 9.1G drives, a 256M DIMM and two 128M DIMMs. I noticed that the 128s were in slots 1 and 2, and the 256 was in slot 3. I put the 256 in slot 1, moved the two 128s to slots 2 and 3, and rebooted. It came up fine after that, which to me means either one or more of the DIMMs were loose, or I have a bad or incompatible DIMM somewhere.
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

An overheating CPU or a hardware issue are both very likely causes for an issue like this. In many cases, a system will not know that a CPU is overheating until the management drivers start to load for the first time and then the system may restart with little or no warning...
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

This happens with NT4 as well. The preoblem we had was a Tab on the heat sink
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

We are having the same issue. We are running single processor 933, two 256 DIMM, and 2 18GB hard drives. Every time the Windows 2000 Server screen appears, the system reboots. Used SmartStart v4.9 and trying to run Windows 2000 server.