7199 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: E200 BBWC - Capacitors Failed even after replacing

Alan Kromholc
Occasional Advisor

E200 BBWC - Capacitors Failed even after replacing

Hi,

We have an HP DL 180 G5 that was having very bad disk performance. Upon using ACU we were greeted with warning 263 stating "one or more cache modules batteries/capacitors are failed..."

We changed the complete cache module+battery (128 model), but more than a week has gone by (reboots even) and the warning is still there.

Any clues on to what may have gone wrong or how to fix it? Did we have such bad luck that the new module's battery is dead too?

The E200 firmware version is 1.86

I'm attaching the ACU report just in case it helps.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Alan

3 REPLIES 3
thescyy
Occasional Advisor

From what you have said it sounds like either you got unlucky and got a DOA battery or cache module or possibly the actual controller is failing as it's not unheard of for a bad controller to throw errors like that.  Have you updated the firmware for the controller?  Also have you tried using the old battery along with the new cache module or vice versa with the old cache module and new battery to rule out one of the new parts being dead?

Alan Kromholc
Occasional Advisor

Thanks mate. Will try the parts swap and see what happens. Isn't there anything else to check? Any way of seeing if the E200 board is not charging the module at all?

Firmware is updated to the latest one (1.86)

Version 1.86B also exists but the update software tells me i shouldnt update it since it's not necessary.

Best regards,

Alan

thescyy
Occasional Advisor

As far as I know there is no direct way of telling if it's the board that is unable to recharge the battery.  Just have to rule out all the other possibilities through testing with known good parts.