1751822 Members
5126 Online
108782 Solutions
New Discussion

E200i Array not rebuilding

Ganesh_abd
Occasional Visitor

E200i Array not rebuilding

Hi, I have ML350G5 Server which has 500GB x 4 hdd with RAID 1+0 for the first two and another raid 1+0 for rest two drives.

Out of four hdd 1 hard drive replaced of bay 1 and it was properly rebuild. Now the the HDD of Bay 4 failed which  I have replaced twice still it is not rebuilding. Showing error drive failed and replace the drive.

ACU and ADU logs attached here.

P.S. This thread has been moved from General to ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL). - Hp Forum Moderator

1 REPLY 1
gregersenj
Honored Contributor

Re: E200i Array not rebuilding

Here's what I see in the ADU report:

Smart Array E200i in Embedded Slot : Physical Drive (0 MB SATA) 1I:1:4  The physical drive has failed. Smart Array E200i in Embedded Slot :

Logical Drive 2 Logical drive state: The current array controller has a bad or missing drive. This logical drive is operating in interim recovery mode with reduced performance and a further physical drive failure may result in data loss depending on the fault tolerance.

Drive 4 seem to be failed.

Du you have possibility, to test the drive in another server, or just another bay?

Either you got a failed spare drive, or you got a problem with the Drive Cage, RAID controller or cables.

BR

/jag

Accept or Kudo