8773 Online
108810 Solutions
New Discussion

E200i error code 724: RAID level not supported in the current configuration

kinto00
Occasional Contributor

E200i error code 724: RAID level not supported in the current configuration

Hi all,

I'm trying to figure out if I have a problem on a HP ML350 server RAID controller.

This server has the E200i controller with two disk in RAID1 (at least this is what I belived until today) and two new disk that I need to add with a new array.

The RAID1 configuration is 3 years old and I'm not the one who did the configuration.

Today I installed the last version of the Array Configuration Utility to build the new array ont the two new disks and I've noticed a stuts error the reports:

Error code: 724

Description: Smart Array E200i i nthe integrated slot contains one or more logic units with a RAID level not supported in the actual configurations. Any configuration command (like unit logci creation or array expansion) or any modification of the controller will cause the lost of all data present on the disabled volumes.

My system message is not in english, I hope the translation is clear.

The system right now is up and running.

I've notice also a message in the Array Configuration utility that reports the RAID as a 1+0 and not 1 as I expected with only two disks.

I also ran a report in the Array configuration Utility and I attach it to this thread.

Can you help me to find some information about this problem?

Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: E200i error code 724: RAID level not supported in the current configuration

Did you insert the (used) disks while the server was powered off?

>> A drive array which had an ADG volume on it was moved to a controller that does not support ADG Warning

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
kinto00
Occasional Contributor

Thank you for reply.

Yes I added the new disks with server power off.

I can't clear understand the quote ">> A drive array which had an ADG volume on it was moved to a controller that does not support ADG Warning".

What does it means?

If I power off the server and pull out the disks will the error message go away?

Is it a better solution to add disks with server power on?

kinto00
Occasional Contributor

I found this file:

HP ProLiant Servers Troubleshooting Guide

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c00300504.pdf

At the page 113 my error is reported:

Controller State: The array controller contains one or more logical drives with a RAID level that is not supported in the current configuration…
…Any configuration command (e.g. logical drive creation, array expansion, etc.) or modification to the controller will result in the loss of all existing data on the disabled volume(s).
Action: Do one of the following:
• If this message is observed after moving a configured array of drives from another controller, then upgrade the firmware on this controller. Also, check if the cache module is installed. Install the cache module if not present. If this doesn't solve the problem, power down the server and move the drives back to the original controller.
• If this message is observed without any drive movement, check if the cache module has failed and replace it if required. If the problem persists, contact HP support ("Contacting HP" on page 185,"Contacting HP technical support or an authorized reseller" on page 185).

How can I check if the cache module is proprely installed or better if it is working with no errors?

waaronb
Respected Contributor

I think what Torsten is saying is that the 2 new disks you added probably came from another server, and those 2 drives had been part of an array with ADG or something else that the E200i doesn't support.

The E200i will see those new drives and recognize the old array info that's on them, it's just warning you that you can't do anything with them.

If you're inserting used drives, do them with the power on (hot plug them) so the system sees just one at a time. If you insert a pair of drives that were part of an old array while the machine is turned off, when it turns on it'll read the info from them and assume you're migrating the array to a new system. Unless that's what you mean to do, try and avoid confusion.

Or delete the array info on any old drives from the original system before removing the drives, so they appear "new" even if you install them all at once somewhere else.
kinto00
Occasional Contributor

They are two brand new disks bought directly from HP.

My concern is expecially about the two old disks.

How can I know if the messages is for the old disks or for the new disk?