Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E60 Missing EISA boot problem

Kevin Ip
Occasional Contributor

E60 Missing EISA boot problem

Hi:

I have a Netserver E60 with software RAID1. It's been running fine for the past year until 2 weeks ago, NT4 complainted FT was broken. The primary dirve was not accessible. I was able to boot from the Pri dirve however. The I re-established the mirror by removing the partitions on the shawdowed drive. Once I did that, it automatically removed the EISA partition. I was able to re-create the mirror. The same thing happened again just today and I wasn't able to boot from the shawdow drive with my NT Boot Disk. I modified the boot.ini to "multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)" and tried this notation later "multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(1)partition(1)", but still no luck. It kept on complaining it's non system disk. When I tried booting directly using the shawdow drive, it just hang with a blinking cursor where the HP utility prompt would be if the EISA exisited. I still can't figure why I can't boot from the shawdow using the boot disk or directly from shawdow drive. Any help is appreciated because I have 2 identical E60 doing the same thing on the same day twice. Thank you very much.
Strength and Honour
1 REPLY
Kevin Ip
Occasional Contributor

Re: E60 Missing EISA boot problem

Sorry Wrong forum, administrator, please remove this post. Thanks.
Strength and Honour