ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1748232 Members
3961 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: EMC dropping 'support' for older HP servers ??

don_m
Occasional Contributor

EMC dropping 'support' for older HP servers ??

Somewhere between October 4 and October 5, EMC updated their support matrix in the E-lab navigator tool.  Yesterday, I built a list of all our HP servers. Today, I went back to retrieve it and E-lab tells me that half our server population is no longer listed. It appears that E-lab only lists the last 3 generations of HP Proliant boxes. Since the G8 was released in late summer, G6 is the oldest supported - no more G1, G2, or G5.

So we're now faced with having to replace half our data center if we want to get any EMC support that involves a server.  Are there any other EMC users out there who will need to face this problem ??

thanks,

Don M.

3 REPLIES 3
Jan Soska
Honored Contributor

Hello Don,

probably ask the EMC what it is going on there.

Jan

don_m
Occasional Contributor

EMC has now told me that according to HP, all Proliant models older than G6 are no longer supported by HP.  And since they are no longer supported by the vendor, EMC has dropped support.

This is obviously not accurate. We have a DL585 G5 that's still covered by the 3 year warranty ...

But (according to HP phone support) the document that actually lists EOSL for the various HP models is 'internal only' and not customer accessible.  If I have no access to a public document showing EOSL dates then I have no leverage with EMC.

Ali
HPE Pro

Hi There,

If you have a valid contract on HP Servers, you are entitle to get support from HP. For more information,I would suggest you to please contact your HP Account Manager.

thanks,

Aftab

I work for HPE
Looking for a quick resolution to a technical issue for your HPE products? HPE Support Center Knowledge-base – Just a Click Away!
See Self Help Post for more details

Accept or Kudo