cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESX BL25 ROM Flash

AaronS_2
Occasional Visitor

ESX BL25 ROM Flash

I am looking an automated or one to many solution for scheduling or scripting the Online ROM flash components in a Blade/ESX environment. The issue is that in a production environment every time there is a need to contact HP support the first solution is to update all the firmware. That is fine and well but a very difficult task when talking about hundreds of like servers which corp policy dictates maintain consistent revs. There are allusions to the ability to do this via the RDU or SIM but I can't find detailed processes
2 REPLIES
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

Re: ESX BL25 ROM Flash

can you make it with RDP ?

........ Management and deployment technology
As an integral part of the ProLiant BL program, HP developed management software to provide rapid volume deployment across all ProLiant systems, a common management interface for all ProLiant systems, and remote manageability.
All ProLiant BL infrastructure components with embedded firmware (such as the BL e-Class Integrated Administrator) provide a flash read-only memory (ROM) upgrade utility. Using this utility, IT administrators can upgrade the firmware while the system is running. For the upgrade to take effect, some firmware (for example, the server BIOS) requires a system reboot; but that reboot can be scheduled for a convenient time.......

check here
http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/bizsupport/categoryhome.do?categoryId=299

AaronS_2
Occasional Visitor

Re: ESX BL25 ROM Flash

Thanks Oleg but you've pointed out the exact allusions I was referring to. I am familiar with the platform and it's marketed abilities. What I need is detail pertaining to the components I referenced or another method for deploying Firmware in an automated fashion or one to many in an ESX environment.