5224 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

ESXi 4.1, hardware monitoring

Joshua Small_2
Valued Contributor

ESXi 4.1, hardware monitoring

Hi,

We have a cluster of DL360 G5s running ESXi. We recently upgraded to the new 4.1 version.

We applied hp-nmi-driver-1.0.02 to both servers. We only applied hpq-esxi4.1uX-bundle-1.0 to one. The latter should be what provides hardware management, but it in fact seems to have broken it.

On the server WITHOUT the HP management bundle installed, I can review the "Hardware Status" and see status values for the RAID, including all disks.

On the server WITH the HP management bundle, the hardware status just says "no host data available".

Is this a broken install?
9 REPLIES 9
Jan Soska
Honored Contributor

Re: ESXi 4.1, hardware monitoring

Hello Joshua,
instalation of hp-esxi4.1uX-bundle-1.0.zip went sucesfully without problems? It should work as intended. Could you try to reinstall it?

Jan
Joshua Small_2
Valued Contributor

Hi,

Yes the install went without problems. We uninstalled, and we gained hardware management. Reinstalled, gone again.
Jan Soska
Honored Contributor

hmm, pretty strange.
Have you rebooted server after installing it?

Jan
Joshua Small_2
Valued Contributor

hi,

Absolutely - the update is not considered installed until after a reboot.
Jan Soska
Honored Contributor

Strange, we did not test it yet, but should work. Have you waited some time after reboot if it doesn't appear? Could take some time (not hours.. :( ).

Jan
Joshua Small_2
Valued Contributor

Hi,

The server has been running since before my original post with no change.
Jan Soska
Honored Contributor

hello,
I have no ideas for now, let me investigate issue and come back.
Anyway, if you have some news let us know.

Jan
sixpackli

We are experiencing the exact same issue.

Servers are a Proliant DL360 G6 with ESX 4.1.

Installed the HP 8.51 agents and NMI 1.0.02 driver on the one server. No information from the System Management Homepage

Installed just the HP HP 8.51 agents, but no NMI 1.0.02 driver on the other server. System Management Homepage reports all information fine.

The NMI 1.0.02 driver is definitely breaking the System Management Homepage and preventing it from working.

How do we uninstall this driver? I can't see exactly how to uninstall it.
Joshua Small_2
Valued Contributor

Hi,

Sounds like you have a different issue to what I posted.
You are running a different OS for a start (ESX in place of ESXi) and the System management homepage software is software that does not apply to mmy ESXi environment.

Nonetheless, to update this ticket, we have, since posting, continued to just roll out ESXi 4.1 servers with the nmi package, and without the hp ESXi bundle.