ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752790 Members
6233 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: ESXi 5.0 Hardware Status shown as Warning - but no all Disks and SA Battery are fine

DamianN
Occasional Contributor

ESXi 5.0 Hardware Status shown as Warning - but no all Disks and SA Battery are fine

Hi

I installed on a PL380 G7 the ESXi Offline Bundle (v1.4-16 from 19.2.13). After reboot I see now the Storage based Hardware status.

Unfortunately the "Storage" is shown as "Warning" at the entry "HP Smart Array P410i Controller : Embedded : HPSA1".

I cannot find anything thats wrong with this hardware, all System Logs are fine.

Any suggestions

thanks for you help

damian

21 REPLIES 21
Suman_1978
HPE Pro

Re: ESXi 5.0 Hardware Status shown as Warning - but no all Disks and SA Battery are fine

Hi,

I am just guessing that there could be some compatibility issues between the ESXi Offline Bundle version and P410i firmware version or the battery is just charging or discharging process.

Also see this link from VMware and check the 23rd post onwards:

http://communities.vmware.com/message/1761592

Thank You!

For product specific Guided Troubleshooting visit; http://www.hp.com/support/hpgt
Want to know How to use HP Guided Troubleshooting?  Visit the below link.
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c03283214

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

d3vnul
Frequent Advisor

Unfortunately i cannot remember exactly where I've read about exact same problem and the conclusion was that the issue is related to latest hpsa driver from hp which is part of the v1.4-16 offline bundle. I may suggest that you could try to uninstall the current offline bundle and try installing the previous version one.

Hope my post wont cause any confusion as i cannot remember where exactly I've read all this.

NSK
Occasional Advisor

I've got the same problem on various bits of hardware. Reverting to the previous bundle gets rid of the warning.

Other changes (hpsa driver, firmware etc) make no difference. Its all to do with the bundle.

Have logged a call, but not really getting anywhere yet.

kkpro
Regular Advisor

Hi. The same issue found on brand new installation using ESXi 5.1 HP custom image on DL360 Gen8.

zacha
Occasional Visitor

Same problem here. Set up two servers with integrated P410i controller with ESXI 5.1 HP Image (newest version) and getting the same error HPSA1 warning with no indication of what could be wrong. Servers don't have a bbu, we only have a small raid 1 for the esxi installation- the rest of the storage is non-local. If I query the controller with hpacucli no errors or warnings are shown. Both disks are okay and the LD too. I assume this to be a bug of the newest CIM provider. Can anyone confirm?

Jantharan

Hi,

I had the same issue on DL580 g7 with 1.4-16 version of offline bundle. Resolved by installing 

# esxcli software vib install -d /tmp/hp-HPUtil-esxi5.0-bundle-1.3-6.zip

VIBs Installed: Hewlett-Packard_bootbank_hpacucli_9.20-9.0

VIBs Removed: Hewlett-Packard_bootbank_hpacucli_9.40-12.0

so the current running version is Hewlett-Packard_bootbank_hpacucli_9.20-9.0

Hope this will help...

Mike O.
Regular Advisor

I'm getting the same thing with our BL465c G7 and a new 460 gen8 when using the latest HP image for 5.1 (5.32.23).  It shows a "warning" on HPSA1, but no indicatations as to what.  The battery and disks are OK.

Reinstalling the previous 5.1 iso (5.32.5) from last October and the warning isn't there.  Unfortunately we need the newer Emulex drivers, so it looks like I'll use the old ISO, and then update the network drivers separately.

Mike Celone
Frequent Advisor

Getting the same exact issue on 3 BL460c G6s with the P410i controller.  All 3 of them show the same issue but disks and batteries are fine.  I am using the latest HP ESXi 5.1 image.  Just noticed it this week when we upgraded.

Mike
zacha
Occasional Visitor

okay... so having read the latest replies we tried the following:

installing hp offline bundle version 1.3.5-3 and hp offline bundle utils 1.3.6 though esxcli. but this did not help... some vibs where skipped... remember we used the latest hp esxi installation bundle to set up these servers.

i then manually removed the smx and ams package through the esxli and installed the offline bundle 1.3.5.-3 which installed the older versions of ams ans smx provider. finally rebooted and... the warning is gone.

I suspect the smx-provider vib to be the root cause of this problem. I will try to only swap this single package on another server still sitting there showing warning.

another update... tried it on a second host.

uninstalled the hp-smx-provider vib and re installed the old version. the warning is gone.