4791 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: ESXi 5.5 VMDirectPath 'workaround' mentioned in Customer Advisory c03835455

TonyJr
Occasional Advisor

ESXi 5.5 VMDirectPath 'workaround' mentioned in Customer Advisory c03835455

Hello,

I have read about the limitation of not being able to use VMDirectPath with ESXi 5.5 and HP ProLiant servers, other than with graphics cards.

The customer advisory that mentions this is c03835455.

In the Resolution section, I see that there is a workaround that can be used to enable VMDirectPath in certain situations:

"HP does not currently have any servers certified for the VMDirectPath feature and a resolution to this problem is not available. For a subset of configurations, VMDirectPath can be enabled with a workaround. Please contact HP support to determine if the targeted solution is a candidate for the workaround."

I would like to use the workaround for one of the on-board USB controllers of a ML350p g8. This is to connect to a simple USB to DMX encoder. It cannot be used with normal USB passthrough as the data rate is too low.

Would it be possible to use the workaround for this situation?

Thanks in advance,

TonyJr

5 REPLIES 5
Suman_1978
HPE Pro

Hi,

Did you call HP Support for help on this issue?

If not, please call, them may have a solution.

Thank You!
I am a HP employee.

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

DanielRiek
Collector

Hi,

did you contacted the HP support for the workaround? Having the same problem...Stucking at ESXi 5.0 due to this issue :(

TonyJr
Occasional Advisor

Hello, sorry for the delay in replying.

I am unable to call HP support as I don't have a support contract. My server is under a year old, however, so would I be able to call with it being under warranty? What other options are available?

I hope someone can help, as this would be very much appreciated!

Kind regards,

Tony
RbBsmn
Regular Advisor

I don't know how HP handles their cases in other regions, but in my region you will even get help if your contract/warranty is expired. Except they obviously won't send out parts for me. ;)

But for questions like this there shouldn't be a reason for them not to help you.

However I am only aware how things are done in my region.
Did my post help? Thank me with kudo's! :)
RbBsmn
Regular Advisor

*for free
Did my post help? Thank me with kudo's! :)