ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753948 Members
7666 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ESXi and ML350 G5 - Insight Management?

Bill Williams2
Occasional Contributor

ESXi and ML350 G5 - Insight Management?

I have a ML350 G5 that I installed the ESXi 3.5 U2 HP image from vmware.com.

What is special about this image because I really don't see any management options coming from the console or from the HP SIM when I added it.

I thought it was supposed to install the Insight Agent? Is there a trick to get this working?

4 REPLIES 4
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

hi bill

you can try browsing the server

https://ip_address:2381

and check System management homepage

bye

Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
Bill Williams2
Occasional Contributor

Hmm, I tried accessing that and the HP SIM does not see anything special about the server. Does that special HP image supposed to have the Insight web page turned on by default? If so I must have done something incorrectly during the ESXi installation.
JKytsi
Honored Contributor

Do you have WBEM protocol enabled? And You have discovered the server with that protocol.
Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)

You can find me from Twitter @JKytsi
Bill Williams2
Occasional Contributor

Thanks I did finally figure out the WBEM. There is no configuration on the VMware side at all. What will be given to the HP SIM is what VMware knows about your server. I'm just not used to using the SIM and most of the servers were alerted via the built-in agent and configured through the web porr 2381.

What I found was the HP's vmware iso gives the ability to see some of the health of the system. It does not, however, give you the health of the storage arrays. For example I pulled out one of the drives and nothing will warn you except for the orange light on your server. So if your drive fails you will never be notified.