1752346 Members
5638 Online
108787 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: ESXi on a DL360 G6 - No Network Adapters

SpencerIT

ESXi on a DL360 G6 - No Network Adapters

Hello,

I am trying to install ESXi 5.5 on to a DL360 G6 but I am having an issue where the ESXi install is not recognising the network card (onboard).

The ESXi installation starts but part way through stops with the message "No Network Adapters", I have tried plugging in a network cable and different HP ESXi images but with no luck.

The images I have tried so far are :-

VMware-ESXi-5.1.0-Update2-2000251-HP-5.68.30-Sep2014.iso

VMware-ESXi-5.5.0-1746974-HP-5.72A.3-Jun2014.iso

VMware-ESXi-5.5.0-Update2-2068190-HP-5.77.3-Nov2014.iso

Does any one have any suggestions?

Thanks

Mark

4 REPLIES 4
Suman_1978
HPE Pro

Hi,

Just one suggestion:  Try installing another OS like Windows and check if the Network card is actually faulty or working well.

Also you may try updating the Server BIOS and clearing NVRAM before installing OS.

Thank You!
I am a HP employee

Useful Links for ProLiant Servers

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

Sbrown
Valued Contributor

Check the bios to ensure there are no non-standard settings or "DISABLED" network cards in BIOS!

It should JUST WORK!

Server-Support
Super Advisor

Hi Spencer,

Have you checked in the VMware HCL list page: http://www.vmware.com/resources/compatibility/search.php if the network card or the BIOS needs firmware update before installing the ESXi 5.1 and greater ?

Best regards,
Jan Soska
Honored Contributor

Hello,

according HP support matrix at http://h17007.www1.hp.com/us/en/enterprise/servers/supportmatrix/vmware.aspx this g6 server is fully supported, this looks like HW issue - check with other os or diagnosis.

Jan