ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753789 Members
7525 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Eisa and Mirroring Drives

sheryl_7

Eisa and Mirroring Drives

I have a ML 350 G4 server with windows 2000 sp4. I want to create mirrored drives (Raid 1) but the problem I am having is with the Eisa Drive on the second drive. With the EISA partition it shows a smaller hard drive thus not letting me mirror. I am not sure how to delete the partition and create the mirror. I see that some people say its OK to delete the eisa partition other people says NO...I am alittle confused. This also looks like a common problem with compaq server. PLEASE HELP. Thanks, Sheryl
2 REPLIES 2
Steven Clementi
Honored Contributor

Re: Eisa and Mirroring Drives

Sheryl:

I am pretty sure the SmartStart Scripting Tool Kit has a utility to erase the drive in question. I can not think of the exact name of it, but at least it is a start for you to look around. If I find/figure it out, I will let you know.

In the old days, you would/could just run the System Erase Utility which resets everything and wipes the drives, but I think the new Smart Start CD's do not come with it anymore.

Steven
Steven Clementi
HP Master ASE, Storage, Servers, and Clustering
MCSE (NT 4.0, W2K, W2K3)
VCP (ESX2, Vi3, vSphere4, vSphere5, vSphere 6.x)
RHCE
NPP3 (Nutanix Platform Professional)
sheryl_7

Re: Eisa and Mirroring Drives

Where my big concern comes in, is if you can delete that EISA drive without any problems out of the OS (W2K). The reason for this , is that, this is a production server up and running and if it comes down I could be in a world of hurt. :)

Thanks again for everyones help