108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Ejecting CD

SOLVED
Go to solution
Onat Atayer

Ejecting CD

Hi,

I have a very strange problem. I am using a Proliant 1600 server and trying to boot the server by an OS CD, but as soon as I put the CD, the server ejects it automatically, which prevents me from rebooting the machine from a CD. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.
5 REPLIES 5
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor

Re: Ejecting CD

Hello Onat,
Is it a burnt copy?? Have you tried anyother CD?? It's possible the CD rom is bad.

Regards,
Onat Atayer

Hi,

Thanks for your answer. No, it is not a burnt copy. I tried with at least 5 different CDs. As you have mentioned, I started to think of my CD rom that may be damaged. Apart from that, is there any other logical explanation ? Because, as I cannot use a CD, I can neither install anything nor try yo repair the system. Any suggestions ?

Thanks a million.

Onat//
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor

Hello Onat,
Yes you can still configure your system by using System Configuration Utility by downloading SP19619 from the following link:
http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/13227.html
You would require 4 diskettes and cold boot the system with the First diskette and then just follow the ONSCREEN prompts.

Regards,
Solution

It's better that you replace your cd-rom with a new one in order to fix your problem, it's very easy to install it.

Regards
Onat Atayer

Thanks a lot both of you. I had to change the CD rom and now everything is back to normal.

Have a nice weekend...

Onat//