1752826 Members
3582 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Email notification - possible?

Justin_128
Occasional Advisor

I've already installed that, it gives me a shortcut called "HP System Management Homepage". When I launch it, it gives me a webpage with various things. But I can't find anything to do with an agent or email notification using that tool.
Stephen Kebbell
Honored Contributor

Hi,

do you have a Program Group in the Start Menu called HP Management Agents? If the agents are properly installed there should be. Check to see if the agents are installed as services (HP Foundation Agent, Storage Agent, Server Agent, NIC Agent). As Terry says, there is an Event Notifier Config tool to set up e-mail notification. There is nothing in System Management Homepage to setup e-mails.

Regards,
Stephen
Terry Hutchings
Honored Contributor

From my previous post:
Go under HP Management Agents in the start menu and select "Event Notifier Config".
The truth is out there, but I forgot the URL..
Justin_128
Occasional Advisor

Thanks for the help fellas. I should I have been clearer in my last post. I do have a folder under the start menu called "HP Management Agents". But the only shortcut under that folder is the "HP System Management Homepage". I don't have anything under that folder called "Event Notifer Config". Where do I get the software to add the Event Notifer?

Stephen, I also don't seem to have any of the services you mentioned.
Stephen Kebbell
Honored Contributor

OK, that means the agents are not installed, therefore no event notifier available Try reinstalling the Proliant support pack. Or have a look in the folder where you extracted the support pack files. Is there are file called cp005413.exe ? If so, just run that (it's the Insight Agents package), and see if it successfully installs.

Regards,
Stephen
Terry Hutchings
Honored Contributor

If you have already installed the support pack, but the agents didn't get installed, then I suspect you don't have SNMP installed. I'd recommend installing this (add/remove Windows components, then select SNMP under Management and Monitoring tools), then reinstalling the agents (either the whole support pack or just the file, like Stephen recommended).
The truth is out there, but I forgot the URL..
Justin_128
Occasional Advisor

Thanks again for the help fellas. I've installed the "cp005413.exe", and now have the Event Notifer application. I've configured it, setup the email server, etc.

I've also installed the SNMP service. Do I need anything else installed for the Event Notifer to work? Does it work on it's own? Or do I need to install other applications to monitor the server and report problems to the Event Notifer?

After installing a lot of HP software trying to find the email notification, I started to get errors on startup, so I uninstalled it all, and now I have just the Event Notifer installed.