1752752 Members
4872 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Embedded G5 SATA RAID Controller Transfer Rate

Suat Serdar CANER

Embedded G5 SATA RAID Controller Transfer Rate

Hi,

I have a similar problem mentioned in thread 1268450. ML110G5 with original SATA HDD and spare SATA drive. Drives 3.0 Gb/s capable, same product code but HPG1 firmware is 3.0Gb/s,HPG2 firmware is 1.5Gb/s. I cannot find any firmware upgrades or parameters to correct dissimilar transfer rate.

http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1268450
2 REPLIES 2
Proliantstud
Frequent Advisor

Hi,

I am not sure about the controller that you are using. If it is a Embedded controller, it will be SATA ├в Integrated in the Intel 82801IR ICH9R.

The ICH9 has two integrated SATA host controllers that support independent DMA operation on up to six ports (desktop only) or four ports (mobile only) and supports data transfer rates of up to 3.0 Gb/s (300 MB/s). The SATA controller contains two modes of operation ├в a legacy mode using I/O space, and an AHCI mode using memory space. Software that uses legacy mode will not have AHCI capabilities.

The ICH9 supports the Serial ATA Specification, Revision 1.0a. The ICH9 also supports several optional sections of the Serial ATA II: Extensions to Serial ATA 1.0 Specification, Revision 1.0 (AHCI support is required for some elements).
Note: SATA Ports 2 and 3 are not functional in the ICH9 Base and Mobile components.

Above is from the Intel Site.

Hence try using the Hard drives in port 1 and 4. Please let me know if the controller is different.

Hope this will clarify the issue.

Cheers,
Anand
Proliantstud
Frequent Advisor

Hi,

Just saw the subject. It is an embedded controller. Hence port 1 and 4 has to work on SATA II speeds.

Cheers,
Anand