ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753734 Members
4640 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Error 1611 CPU Zone Fan Assembly failure detected..

Error 1611 CPU Zone Fan Assembly failure detected..

I have a server DL 360 G4P in warranty.I get the following error msg at the boot.1611-cpu zone fan assembly failure detected. Single fan ...failure. assembly will provide adequate cooling. . failure. assembly will provide adequate cooling.
audible beeps: none
I have 2 CPU 3.4Ghz identical.I see the CPU FAN FAIL light amber on the board.I replaced the CPU Fan assembly but still the same error message.
Appreciate your kind suppport at the earliest.
6 REPLIES 6
James ~ Happy Dude
Honored Contributor

Hello,
Try clearing the NVRAM using the system maintenance switch S6. If still no joy, flash the firmware.

Regards,

Dude no luck..I did erase the NVRAM and upgrade the BIOS Flash,but still the same error.I checked all fan are working.Wht else I can do??
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

hi

if the CPU fan assembly has the Light and you followed James' steps and you already tried another fan

my only suggestion would be:
reseat all assembly I mean, take it out, check all fans and put it back again

and reseat riser cage

if that does not work

go ahead call HP to get cpu fan assembly replacement

regards
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!

Hi,
I already replaced the FAN Assembly also.On new Fan assembly it shows me amber or sometimes red led at the CPU FAN FAIL.
gregersenj
Honored Contributor

Well if isn't a bad Fan assy., or improper seated, then you have got a bad System I/O board.

You may try a BIOS upgrade first, but when i chekked the revision history, i didn't find anything on fan control issues.

Call HP support.

Accept or Kudo

MT19
Valued Contributor

When you order the I/O board, order another CPU fan assembly. The first replacement CPU fan assembly you received might've been defective as well.
One time when I had this situation, I had to reseat the new replacement CPU fan assembly like 3 times before the error in POST and amber light went away.