ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752569 Members
5105 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Error 21 when boot with GRUB

MMonte

Error 21 when boot with GRUB

I am install Cisco Callmanager on a DL320 and am receiving a 'Error 21' error when attemting to boot. Any idea's?
8 REPLIES 8
Brian_Murdoch
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Try some of the following links.

http://www.mepis.org/node/7330

Regards,

Brian
MMonte

I appreciate the reply, however this spoke to the fact that other computers can have BIOS minipulate the LBA and auto settings for Hard drives. I haven't seen such area's in the HP BIOS, so have figured that this doesn't apply for my circumstance.
Agreed? (DL320 G2 (2)80GIG SATA
pcabarga

I am having the exact problem and have your exact hardware.

Tried to fix the GRUB by booting with linux rescue and mounting the image but with no success. Please reply if you found the soulution.

Thanks.
MMonte

HP told me to bark up Cisco's tree, Cisco said that I am without contract for this software. Rock and a hard place.
Searched around web and seems that changing settings on HDD's make a difference, but I have not seen where I can change HDD settings or update HDD firmware. This the issue either lies with Controller Firmware or HDD firmware and/or setting
pcabarga

I took out 1 Hard Drive reinstall CCM 5 and the installation past the GRUB error 21. Will let you know if it completes the install succesfully.
MMonte

Which one did you take out, and how did you set the Raid in order to install?
MMonte

Any update on your install progress?
Alan Joseph III

Any luck with installing on the DL320? I'm having a simliar problem ... need to know what to do with the RAID config I think.

I get ...

Error #1701
The DELETE ALL command failed to delete all partitions on the drive.

I select OK then I get

Error #1826
Error: Free Space not found