cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 805 - Unsupported Processor Detected After upgrading with 3.6MHz Xeon

Jeff_Parr
Occasional Visitor

Error 805 - Unsupported Processor Detected After upgrading with 3.6MHz Xeon

I have 2 DL360 G4s (Bios ver: P52 12/2/2004), They had one 3.2MHz cpu  in each, and work fine.

I move one of the cpus to the other machine  (again no problem.) and added 2 SL7ZC 3.6MHz Zeon to the 2nd.

These are proper HP spares with heatsinks and acording to the spec these cpus are supported.

However I get the Error "805 - Unsupported Processor Detected" and asks for a ROMPAQ FD. I have not found any upgrades to address the problem.

Additionally: when using a DELL KVM the screen is blank. Connected the video directly to a monitor and works fine - odd?

2 REPLIES 2
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

Re: Error 805 - Unsupported Processor Detected After upgrading with 3.6MHz Xeon

It's not uncommon when going to a newer CPU that the System ROM needs to be updated to support the newer CPU.

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! Accept or KudoI work for HPE
Jeff_Parr
Occasional Visitor

Re: Error 805 - Unsupported Processor Detected After upgrading with 3.6MHz Xeon

Thanks for that, I had upgraded to the most recent Version:2007.07.16, which is not the easiest to find cp008690.exe on the FW Maintenance CD v8.5.

The problem was that it realy was not a cpu that is supported by this machine. They seem to have come from the DL360 G4P, same heatsink but different cpu type 2M cach. A bit more care in checking p/n's would have saved me a day:-(