ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753263 Members
5040 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion

Error 805 - Unsupported Processor Detected After upgrading with 3.6MHz Xeon

Jeff_Parr

Error 805 - Unsupported Processor Detected After upgrading with 3.6MHz Xeon

I have 2 DL360 G4s (Bios ver: P52 12/2/2004), They had one 3.2MHz cpu  in each, and work fine.

I move one of the cpus to the other machine  (again no problem.) and added 2 SL7ZC 3.6MHz Zeon to the 2nd.

These are proper HP spares with heatsinks and acording to the spec these cpus are supported.

However I get the Error "805 - Unsupported Processor Detected" and asks for a ROMPAQ FD. I have not found any upgrades to address the problem.

Additionally: when using a DELL KVM the screen is blank. Connected the video directly to a monitor and works fine - odd?

2 REPLIES 2
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

Re: Error 805 - Unsupported Processor Detected After upgrading with 3.6MHz Xeon

It's not uncommon when going to a newer CPU that the System ROM needs to be updated to support the newer CPU.

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
Jeff_Parr

Re: Error 805 - Unsupported Processor Detected After upgrading with 3.6MHz Xeon

Thanks for that, I had upgraded to the most recent Version:2007.07.16, which is not the easiest to find cp008690.exe on the FW Maintenance CD v8.5.

The problem was that it realy was not a cpu that is supported by this machine. They seem to have come from the DL360 G4P, same heatsink but different cpu type 2M cach. A bit more care in checking p/n's would have saved me a day:-(