1753747 Members
5088 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Error Code 45

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Error Code 45

When trying to install Smartstart 4.90 onto the system. Get as far as the building of the boot section for compaq tools then the system freezes and produces an error code: 45. It then procedes to tell me to erase the system and start over.
What is this error and how do I fix the problem that is causing it. This is a proliant 1600 with two 450 processors and 512mg of memory and 2x 18gb hard drives attached to a 221 array controller.
Any help will be appreciated.
3 REPLIES 3
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Re: Error Code 45

I have the same problem with a 1600 2x450mhz, 1gb mem, 2x4.3gb and 3x9.1gb. Happens with smartstart versions 4.90, and 5.1
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Thanks for the info..... Did you try to use an older version like 4.70 smartstart to see what happens after trying to move upto 4.9 version? Next week I am going to try and put the smartstart 4.7 version and see what happens....
Again thanks for the input..
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

I've got this problem and it seems that the memory is the key. The processor cage was replaced and that didn't solve the problem, I tried it without one of the processors, then without the other - still no joy. I tried it with just the one HDD and swapped it for another but still no progress. The machine has 1Gb of memory (4x256) When any of the 4 DIMMS is removed, it works fine. I've tried every possible combination in every slot and it fails every time all 4 DIMMs are installed but is fine when 1, 2, or 3 are installed. Each of the DIMMs works individually and in conjunction with up to 2 others. I don't have any spare 256 DIMMs at the minute but I tried a 128 in every conceivable combination with three 256's and again it was fine. I have 2 256's on order and will try replacing one and two at a time. If I get anywhere, I'll post it here. Please update it if you figure it out before me. Thanks.