1754016 Members
7762 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Error Msg: Drive array threshold exceeded

Doug Waffle

Error Msg: Drive array threshold exceeded

Error Msg: Drive array threshold exceeded

This message appears in the event logs of a Windows NT 4 server running on a ProLiant 6500 server, RAID 5. I've been trying to research its meaning and how to fix it. Any ideas?

Also, what kind of tools can I run on the drives to check their health? Isn't there a Compaq Diagnostic tool somewhere?

Thanks, Doug
4 REPLIES 4
Janine Bertolo
Honored Contributor

Hi Doug;

You can boot the server to a SmartStart CD and run the Array Diagnostics Utility to examine the health of your array.

You can also check the Integrated Management Log Viewer from the operating system if you have it installed. Using it, you can read any hardware errors registered in the NVRAM of the server without bringing it down.

If you don't have it installed you can get it in the latest NT4.0 support pack at http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/15716.html

jb
To get results you've never had before, try something you've never tried before.
Rutger van Dijk

Hi there,

I've got the same, but on my Proliant 3000 running Windows 2000. When i look at the Integrated Management Log Viewer it says that everything is 'repaired', but I still have a messages in my event viewer about "Compaq Drive Array Physical Drive Threshold Exceeded." As a result my backup software (ARCserv 2000) doesn't work....

Any tips ?

Greetings,

Rutger van Dijk
Tom Mucha_1
Trusted Contributor

I know there are some RomPaq's for the Hard drives that have solved these problems. I think you can find them all in the Options RomPaq.
Andre Goinar

I??ve got the same problem with a DL 580 G1.
Next week I will replace the smart array controller and I hope it works!

The server??s still running and i think it??s not a critical problem, just a Firmware error or something. Just install the latest RomPaq Version for your server. Here??s a FTP link to Campaq FTP Server: ftp://ftp.compaq.com/pub/softpaq/
Megmrc