cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Starting Terminal Services Pass-Through Services

Walter Sexauer
Occasional Contributor

Error Starting Terminal Services Pass-Through Services

I have a Remote Insight Lights-Out Edition II card installed in our ML 370 G4 server which also has a build in Integrated Lights Out Edition module. When the RILOE II was installed the iLOE was disabled automatically. I am now trying to enable the use of Remote Desktop Sessions through the RILOE II. I am following the instructions in the RILOE II User Guide, Feb 2006 edition on page 42. I have installed the pass-through service (cp005637.exe) and started it but I get the error in the Event>Applications log each time the service trys to start. I did build the server with the iLOE enabled using SmartStart when we first got it. I only added the RILOE II card about a month ago. I am concerned that I have some conflict between the two but I can not figure out what to do. The RILOE II card works perfectly in every other way. I can connect to the server with a remote console session via the card just fine. I would like to be able to use RDC the same way. Thank you for any help you can provide.
2 REPLIES
Thomas Kolanko
Occasional Advisor

Re: Error Starting Terminal Services Pass-Through Services

Walter Sexauer
Occasional Contributor

Re: Error Starting Terminal Services Pass-Through Services

Thomas, thank your for your replay. I should have included in my questions that I did run that fix which created the dependency on the Pass-Through Service to assure it does not start until the terminal services service is started. The problem remains after this patch. I would appreciate any other suggestions.