1754020 Members
7043 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Error Type 2 Header with ML310 G1 et adaptec 29320AR

Loic_3

Error Type 2 Header with ML310 G1 et adaptec 29320AR

Hi,

I wish install DAT extern. But my resseller sold a SCSI Adaptec 29320-R 64-bit 133 MHz PCI-X on my ML310 G1

But When put this card, i have a post message
" a type 2 header pci device has been detected - The bios will not configure this card"
Bios continue, and after windows put a blue screen (a don't remember message)

HP say that PCI bus is compliant PCI2.2.
And HP sell a scsi adapter but this is same card , same modele.

Have you a solution of this probleme

thank
Sorry for my english ;-)
3 REPLIES 3
James ~ Happy Dude
Honored Contributor

Hello Loic,

Among the Storage controllers(apart from Smart array controllers) that are supported by ML310 G1 server, the SCSI adapters are :

1) 64-bit/66-MHz Single Channel Wide Ultra3 SCSI Adapter; Option part # 154457-B21

Part Description :Interface (Product) : Wide Ultra3 SCSI single channel host bus adapter - 64-bit, 66MHz PCI - Has external Low Voltage Differential/Single-Ended (LVD/SE) very high density 68-pin connector, internal wide 68-pin LVD/SE, internal wide SE 68-pin, and internal narrow SE 50-pin

2) 64-bit/66-MHz Dual Channel Wide Ultra3 SCSI Adapter; Option Part # 129803-B21

Part Description : Interface (Product) : Dual channel Wide Ultra3 SCSI PCI adapter - 64-bit, 66MHz PCI - For Windows NT and NetWare - Has two 68-pin very high density external connectors, two 68-pin Wide Ultra3 SCSI internal connectors, and one 50-pin narrow SCSI connector

As you can see, Both are PCI cards. PCIX cards or PCI express for that matter is not Supported in this server model.

http://www.sndhm.net/docs/compaq/products/servers/proliantml310/11446_div.html#Options

Regards,
James.
Loic_3

Hi,

Ok thank you for your reponse.

And I thank for link.

I think that the best way. But I have buy this card :-(.

Has your opinion, it's impossible to install adaptec device by OS drivers only, because hp explain in troubleshooting pdf:

WARNING: A Type 2 Header PCI Device Has Been Detected...
The BIOS will not configure this card.
It must be configured properly by the OS or driver.

Audible Beeps: 2 short

Possible Cause: Only Type 0 and Type 1 Header PCI Devices are configured by the system ROM. The device will not work unless the OS or device driver properly configure the card. Typically this messageonly occurs when PCI cards with a PCI to PCMCIA bridge are installed.

Action: Refer to the operating system documentation or the device driver information that ships with the Type 2 PCI device.

My reseller have call HP, and HP isn't available your product..

Best regards
James ~ Happy Dude
Honored Contributor

Hello Loic,

Excuse me, If I did not understand You correctly;

The Bottom line is, PCI X card is not supported in this server model; Hence no matter what drivers & install, either from HP or from the Vendor/ Card Manufacturer, it will not work.

Best option is to Get it EXCHANGED from the point of sale(if they agree!)

Regards,
James.