1753437 Members
5042 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Error code 12

talaucher

Error code 12

Hi all

After install windos server 2003 on a HP DL 140, i have tried to install a pci device ( PCI to PCMCIA card ) but it said that windows can't find enougth free resources for this device (Error code 12).
I already removed all devices that i don't need and reboot without and with PCI card, but i allways have this problem.
i hope that someone cab help me

thanks
5 REPLIES 5
HP_Sammy
Trusted Contributor

Hi talaucher,

I need more info on this issue specs of the pci card and exact model of the server like which generation ?????

Cheers :)
talaucher

it's the first generation DL140.
the PCI card is generic, big part of them use the RICOH chipset
Windows see it as a
Ricoh R/RL/RT/RC/5C475(II), R5C520 or Compatible CardBus Controller .

HP_Sammy
Trusted Contributor

Thanks 2 steps u can try :

1.Clear CMOS settings follow instructions in maintainence guide from link :

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DocumentIndex.jsp?contentType=SupportManualтМй=en&cc=us&docIndexId=179911&taskId=101&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=374617

Go to device manager and double click device and go to resource tab and check with which device its conflicting with and try changing the settings manually from der and see if it works.
HP_Sammy
Trusted Contributor

Thanks 2 steps u can try :

1.Clear CMOS settings follow instructions in maintainence guide from link :

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DocumentIndex.jsp?contentType=SupportManualтМй=en&cc=us&docIndexId=179911&taskId=101&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=374617

OR

2.Go to device manager and double click device and go to resource tab and check with which device its conflicting with and try changing the settings manually from der and see if it works.

Cheers :)
talaucher

I clear the CMOS, windows reinstall the PCI card but no change in final.
i have already checked for your second solution about IRQ conflict but there is none, windows says only "Error code 12, not enougth free resources".
i'm surprised that we can't resserve IRQ in a HP Server's BIOS.
If noone can help me, i think i will have to change of server.

thank you