1753782 Members
7010 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Error code 15503 when setting up server

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Error code 15503 when setting up server

I have a Compaq Proliant DL360, III 550, with 640MB of Ram. We have installed 2, Compaq 9.1 BB, SCSI II, hard drives.

I am trying to set up the server using the "Assisted" method. After installing the Smart Start Server Profile Diskette and following the instructions, I receive the following error: Error code 15503 - "Critical error occurred on the Compaq Array Controllers in the system. None of the Compaq array controllers have physical drives attached. At least one controller must have physical drives connected in order to continue. To correct, make sure the data cables are properly connected, no two drives are set to the same SCSI ID, and power to external drives is on.

I followed the above correction suggestions and still receive the same error message.
Has anyone run into this problem before?
What possible fix do you suggest?
1 REPLY 1
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Re: Error code 15503 when setting up server

A strong possibility is that the controller order is set (in bios) to have the array controller something other than the first controller. During the Smartstart setup you're walked thru system configuration - Make sure the array controller (where the drives are attached) is set to be the first controller