ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753758 Members
4932 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Error during installation of iLO3 Management Controller Driver on Proliant DL380G7 under Win2008

schrb
Occasional Visitor

Error during installation of iLO3 Management Controller Driver on Proliant DL380G7 under Win2008R2

Hi!

I'm getting totally frustrated here...

I'm trying to install the iLO3 Management Controller Driver (cp024609.exe) on my Windows 2008 R2 server. Error message:

"The software will not be installed on this system because the required hardware is not present in the system or the software/firmware doesn't apply to this system.

Press 'Close' to exit Setup."

cpqsetup.log says:

Command Line Parameters Given:
Name:            HP ProLiant Integrated Lights-Out Management Interface Driver for Windows Server 2003/2008 x64 Editions
New Version:     1.16.0.0

Determining component installation state...
    - Is operating system supported... Yes
    - Is necessary disk space available... Yes
    - Is hardware present... No
    - Is component already installed... No
    - Is component marked for removal... No
    - Installed component version status... Older
    - Checking dependency list... Done.

What am I doing wrong here?

EDIT:

I can get into the iLO3 web interface on the server without any problems but no chance installing the driver...

EDIT#2:

I tried to install the driver manually through the Device Manager. Windows tells me, that there's no driver fitting the hardware in the folder. I think that has to be the iLO3 Chip (Device: 103c:3307)

1 REPLY 1
schrb
Occasional Visitor

Re: Error during installation of iLO3 Management Controller Driver on Proliant DL380G7 under Win2008

Yeah... I'm an idiot. Should have used the right driver.

Sorry guys!