ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752337 Members
5586 Online
108787 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Error flashing NVRAM, IP reinstall DL380e Gen8, error for the Embedded Flash/SD-CARD

Fernanmd
Occasional Contributor

Error flashing NVRAM, IP reinstall DL380e Gen8, error for the Embedded Flash/SD-CARD

Hello i need to reinstall system and configure new RAID but Intelligent provisioning dont start (black screen).

I try reinstall IP with dvd but with version 1.63 and 1.71 have the same error "Error flashing NVRAM"

I update ILO to 2.70, update bios to P73 05/24/2019 and reset NVRAM using System Maintenance Switch.

Always have the same error, looking for this problem i find this: https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c04996097
With this steeps:

Step 1) Upgrade the iLO 4 firmware to version 2.61 
Step 2) Perform a NAND format 
Step 3) Check the iLO status If the iLO status is normal, then skip to Step 6 If the iLO status is still degraded, continue to Step 4 
Step 4) Schedule downtime; AC power-cycle and repeat the NAND format 
Step 5) Check the iLO status If the iLO status is normal, continue to 
Step 6 If the iLO status is still degraded, then skip to Step 7 
Step 6) Perform these final steps if the system board does not need to be replaced: Reboot the server; reinstall IP; and refresh the server in OneView (if server is managed by OneView) 
Step 7) If steps 1-4 did not resolve the degraded iLO, replace the system board.

I perform the NAND format but have the same error "iLO 4 self-test error for the Embedded Flash/SD-CARD", and when try update IP have the same error "Error flashing NVRAM"

Any can help to fix it? or other way to create raid and install windows?

Thanks.

11 REPLIES 11
Martinnn
HPE Pro

Re: Error flashing NVRAM, IP reinstall DL380e Gen8, error for the Embedded Flash/SD-CARD

Hello Fernanmd,

This will require deep analysis, please open a support case on this matter.

Thanks

P.S. You can create RAID using SSA (Smart Storage Administrator) then install Windows without using IP)

Accept or Kudo
Fernanmd
Occasional Contributor

Thanks i will try it.

JMaloughney

Currious if this was resolved, and, if so; what was the procedure?

I have a DL380p Gen8 that i cannot seem to update the Intelligent Provisioning firmware, as it always give the "error flashing NVRAM"

HShack
Occasional Visitor

Error flashing the NVRAM - Same error here trying to do IP Recovery Media 1.71 on a BL460c Gen8

lixinfeng

Same error as my MicroServer Gen8.

1. The version of Intelligent Provisioning shows "N/A" in iLO system information
  2. There is an error  "Controller firmware revision 2.10.00 NAND write failure: Media is in a WRITE-PROTECTED state" for "Embedded Flash/SD-CARD" in iLO diagnostics page;
  3. Intelligent Provisioning Recovery Media 1.71 failed to update with error "Error flashing the NVRAM"

I have tried clean NVRAM (Refer to https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=mmr_kc-0101397) or format NAND (Refer to https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=a00048622en_us), but both doesn't help.

I googled and someone said it's caused by NAND chip damaged, so maybe there is no software solution for it.

Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Consider to upgrade ILO firmware, if done pull the plugs, re-connect power and format the NAND. Check ILO log if this was successful. Try this multiple times if it doesn't work.

If the issue remains, you need to replace the board.

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=emr_na-a00048622en_us

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
BradV
Esteemed Contributor

Check your iLO security setting.  Ours are not in production.  Once I set it back to production, this error went away.

SimonWHill
Occasional Visitor

Hi @BradV where is that setting, ive lookked in the ILO and in BIOS but cant find the setting to change to "Production"

Thanks

Simon

BradV
Esteemed Contributor

Look for Security on the left.  Click that.  Then accross the top, click on Encryption.  Under Security Settings is a drop down to select the Security State.  Your choices are Production, High Security, and FIPS.