Occasional Contributor

Error on boot

Hi
I have a HP ML530 G1 server. On boot The following message appears:

Scanning for SCSI device ... no device found
press f1 to continue
F10 for system partition utilities

my questions are :
-How can I bypass this message to continue booting. I do not have any options allowing me to go into the BIOS.
-How can I enter the BIOS? I've tried F10, with CTRL and A (for advanced options) to no avail.

Regards, madjid
4 REPLIES 4
Raj_75
Regular Advisor

Re: Error on boot

Are there any POST errors before "Scanning for SCSI devices"? How is the hard drives are connected? Are they connected to standard SCSI controller or to a SMART Array controller.

You can use Smart Start CD (Ver.5.x) to run System Configuration Utilities.
Madjd
Occasional Contributor

Hi

There are no POST errors before "Scanning for SCSI devices"? My hard disks are connected to a SMART Array controller.

I used Smart Start CD (Ver.4.80) and I ran System Configuration Utilities and I created System partition utilities. The error mesage always apears on boot.

I ran Array configuration utilitie, the following error message viewed :

The compaq Array configuration could not detect any array controler in the system. Possible causes for this problem include :

1- There are not array controler installed in the system
2- The controler is not responding and may need to be replaced
3- The controler is improperly seated in the slot
4- The OS array controler driver is missing or was unable to detect any confugured logical drive.

Regards

Terry Hutchings
Honored Contributor

This message "press F1 to continue or F10 for system partition utilities" is always caused by some type of POST error (redundant power supply unplugged, drive failure, etc.).

Besides fixing the reason for the POST error, the other method for fixing this is to boot off the SCU floppies, press ctrl A at the main menu (you should see a message which says "advanced mode has been enabled"), configure hardware, review or modify, and view and edit details. Scroll approximately 1/3 of the way down and you'll see the "advanced options". Select the option to disable F1 prompt.
The truth is out there, but I forgot the URL..
Raj_75
Regular Advisor

Hi Madjid,

When you are booting the server does array controller scan for logical drives? This comes befoer Scanning for SCSI devices and at this point you can see the model and ROM version of the array controller.