ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1751693 Members
5113 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Error: "IDE CD-ROM <ATAPI 1.2>/PCI Controller....during installation Windows server 2

SOLVED
Go to solution
Marco92
Visitor

Error: "IDE CD-ROM <ATAPI 1.2>/PCI Controller....during installation Windows server 2000

Hello,
I am trying to install windows server 2000, I started from the Smarstart 7.0 cd-rom ... everything went well by inserting the cd-rom of the windows server 2000 installation, once everything is loaded I get this error.

"IDE CD-ROM <ATAPI 1.2> / PCI Controller"

Can someone help me?

4 REPLIES 4
Sham82
HPE Pro

Re: Error: "IDE CD-ROM <ATAPI 1.2>/PCI Controller....during installation Windows server 2

Hi,

Please share the Server model with Generation and Smart array Controller Card Details.

Regards
HPE Employee

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

Marco92
Visitor

Hi,

thanks for the replay.

My server is:

Server: HP: Server Proliant ML310T P4 2.0 GHz, Country Kit ITA, modulo memoria 512 MB DDRAM PC2100, Drive Cage Hot Plug 2 Bay

Controller:RAID Controller: Compaq: SCSI RAID Controller Smart Array 532

Attention: we are currently using a test hard disk (IDE) connected to the port directly to the motherboard and here the error appears ... the goal, however, is to use 2 HD raid connected on the controller

Thanks so much

AmRa
HPE Pro

Please check the OS installation by connecting hard drives one RAID controller and share the outcome.

I am an HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo
Marco92
Visitor
Solution

Hello, today I connected 2 new disks to the controller and put them in RAID, I restarted the installation with the smartstart cd and the only setting that I changed is the language, from English to ITALIAN and you will not believe the operating system is advanced and installed perfectly.
It seems strange that only by changing the language the error was solved but it is so

Thanks for the support