ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1748206 Members
3589 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Error when trying to configure HP Network Teaming

Harry Oldenkamp_1

If exist, remove the HP Network Team #1 and/or HP Network Team #2in the "Network and Dial-up Connections" and in the registry.
Reboot the server and try to configure the Team
zschokkebros

Last night we were updating our 100 ProLiant servers trough Insight Manager 7. We also discovered the problem with the HP Network Configuration Utility 7.70. After a few tests we found two workarounds that's working for us.

1. If you have allready installed HP Network Configuration Utility 7.70 and you have problems. Check if you are using the latest NIC drivers. Install (downgrade) to HP Network Configuration Utility 7.60 (cp004126.exe) and after that reinstall HP Network Configuration Utility 7.70.

2. If you have currently a version of HP Network Configuration Utility below 7.60 then install the latest NIC drivers, then install HP Network Configuration Utility 7.60 and after that you have to install HP Network Configuration Utility 7.70.

Or

create a deployment task with a custom baseline within the Insight Manager that contains:(in this order!)

1. latest NIC driver
2. HP Network Configuration Utility 7.60
3. HP Network Configuration Utility 7.70

Good Luck
Daniel and Markus

Paul Richardson_3
Occasional Advisor

I have now sorted this problem.

1 - upgrade all nic drivers to latest version

2 - uninstall 7.70

3 - remove all refs to teamed nics (search for name of team) from registry

4 - reboot

5 - verify all nics installed correctly (device manager)

6 - reinstall 7.70

7 - Presto!
Kenneth Zimmerman

I've got the same issue w/ the "RaisePropertyUI Failed 0x8000ffff" issue. I'm running an old proliant 1600, with an onboardNetelligent Fast Ethernet controller, and an identical PCI version of the card.

I'm unable to even get to the point to where i could create a team, so i have no way to remove them from the registry at all. This is off a completely fresh install of win2k3 server. Both NIC's get recognized, and are functioning properly according to the device manager.

I've tried installing the teaming utility from as far back as smarstart 5.5, and i still recieve this error. When attempting to install the win2k3 specific edition of network teaming that i downloaded from HP's site, it returns the error of "the software willnot be installed because the hardware is not present, or the software/firmware does not support it"

Any suggestions would be a HUGE help on how to get this working, as i'm about to defenistrate (your new word for the day folks) the server.
Dan_318
Visitor

Marek, I presume you still looked for a teamed entry in the registry. This problem may be that the software creates a bogus team entry in the registry upon software installation. I have the identical problem and I will try the software removal and registry search/delete method and I will repost on my results. Regards.
Jack_128

Can any one confirm the above steps from Paul work. As i have a customer with a similar problem.
An error occurred due to invalid data in the XML file used by this application. The XML file has been corrupted and should be reinstalled from the installation media
sys info
Product Name ProLiant DL380 G3
BIOS Version P29
BIOS Release Date 05/01/2004
OS Operating System Commercial Name Microsoft Windows 2003 Server Enterprise Edition.
latest support pack.
The unit is part of a cluster and the customer concerns are:
if removing the team and reinstalling the card does not sort the
problem, I will not be able to re-establish the team and therefore will
have a cluster node with no LAN redundancy.
Dan_318
Visitor

Here is what I did:
1. BACKED UP MY REGISTRY. Removed reference to team from registry by exporting the reference before deleting it. This paid off because I must have removed the wrong entry and my nics would not start with any drivers. So I had to reinstall registry entrys and then I HAD TO roll back the NIC drivers to get them to work again. After that nightmare I did this:
2.Installed latest NIC drivers.
3. Reboot
4. Intalled HP Network Configuration Utility 7 for Windows Server 2003 7.71.0.0 for Win2003 Server
5. Reboot
6. Set up my NIC team!

Couple of things I wonder about.
1. I imported all of the removed registry entrys and then rolled back the NIC drivers then updated to latest NIC drivers. Then I installed HP Network Config-7 and it worked. This makes me wonder if I should have just rolled back the drivers first then upgraded the NIC drivers then installed the HP Net/Config-7 and would that have worked? Thank goodness I exported the registry keys i tried to delete. That export helped me avoid a whole registry restore.
I have had similar problems with other versions of HP Net/config.
It works like a champ now.
Thank you all for posting the problem and the solutions. Without out this I may have been up all night!
Eric_237
Frequent Advisor

I had this same exact issue (xml corrupt message when trying to open the teaming utility).

To fix this (a Windows 2000 server), I did the following:

1. updated the proliant support pack on the server from 6.4 to 7.10.

2. Updated the teaming utility to the latest version (currently 7.71).

3. Updated the NIC drivers to the latest version (7.80). NOTE that this was required as the teaming utility gave me a message that the 7.40 drivers on the NICs would not work with the latest teaming utility. So I had to put on 7.80.

Worked fine after this.

Note that I did not do ANYTHING in the registry.
Leonardo Curcuruto
Occasional Advisor

HP gave us the following answer:

Yes, they have some problems with updating the 'Network Configuration Utility 7'.

Solution:

1. Go to the properties of 'My Network Places' on the desktop.

2. Choose a network connection and open the properties.

3. Click on 'HP Configuration Utility' and click then on the 'Uninstall' button below.

We will test it and place the result in a few houres hier.
Leonardo Curcuruto
Occasional Advisor

Ok, I have now the definitively solution for this problem:

This describes the right way:

1. Update everything you can (Server BIOS, NIC Firmware, NIC driver)

2. Uninstall the 'Network Configuration Utility' (look at the previously posting)

3. Install the newest version of the 'Network Configuration Utility'

Now it should work.

Good Luck!