ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753779 Members
7659 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Error while expanding SmartArray 3200

Lee Stockero

Error while expanding SmartArray 3200

I have a Proliant 5500 w/SmartArray 3200. Originally, had 4 9GB hard drives. Added 2 identical 9 GB hard drives. Ran ACU and the array created a 2nd logical drive but seemed to expand correctly. When I saved the configuration, the system appeared to begin a process of some sort. About 1 - 2 minutes into the process, the computer restarted. The LCD had an "Event" stating "Abnormal Program Termination". The system came to a crash_dump screen and stopped. I upgraded the firmware for my SmartArray to Ver. 4.50. Still nothing. I attempted an NT repair using my ERD. The system would get to the point of running winlogon.exe and reboot. I began a new install of NT on a different partition and noted that the 2 hard drives I added to the array were still showing as a 2nd logical hard drive and were not partitioned. Where do I go from here?
2 REPLIES 2
e4services
Honored Contributor

Re: Error while expanding SmartArray 3200

Add some more details about the array and the logical drives the arrays had and has now. What you "expanded" and such.
Hot Swap Hard Drives
Lee Stockero

Re: Error while expanding SmartArray 3200

Originally, we had 1 array consisting of 1 logical drive. It was composed of 4 9.1 GB hard drives (part number 313715-001). The logical drive had 2 partitions, 2 GB and 25 GB. We added 2 identical hard drives.

I have subsequently rebuilt the NT operating system and restored the contents from tape. However, now, immediately after the Smart Array initializes, we get a message that says" 1721 - Slot 7 Drive Array - Drive Parameter tracking predicts imminent failure - The following drive(s) should be replaced when conditions permit:
SCSI Port 1, SCSI ID 1
When I run the Array Diagnostic from the SmartStart disk, everything appears normal. Any ideas?

Also, how do I get the space allocated to the 2nd logical drive to extend the 2 existing partitions? Thanks.