1752289 Members
4341 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Errors on Scsi adapters?

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Errors on Scsi adapters?

Have upgraded an sbs4.5 NT4 server system to SBS2000 Win2k server.
Everything apears to work fine exept repeated errors on Scsi adapter sycxxx reported by win2k. System crashes intermittantly and believe this error may be the cause as there's no other indication.

Have done a clean install to a new disk, not an upgrade of sbs4.5
wiped system using compaq delte utility before install
Have applied the latest P14 Bios
Primer.exe no relevant as its a new install
Plug and plague discovery worked fine (after 40 minutes!) but have run it all again to be sure; all devices found and work, MPS works.
Have used the Support for windows 2k and applied the latest for video and tried the 32 bit and 64bit driverss but they install and system will not then reboot, just hangs detecting scsi
The scsi support contained in the Support for win2k does not cover the integrated ultrawide scsi 3? I assume I need to apply some win2k driver for the integrated Scsi adapter to fix my problem but where is it?

Thanks in advance
4 REPLIES 4
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Re: Errors on Scsi adapters?

Have you ran F10 Diags on your server to be sure you don't have a hardware problem?
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Did you ever get this resolved as I recently installed Win 2000 server onto our old Proliant 800 and I was getting the same errors. Now this morning the server is refusing to boot. I thought it was just a faulty HD but now I'm not so sure!
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

In what way does the system fail to boot? Is it just the win2k that doesnt start or do you not even get past the SCSI discovery?

What results do you get from the F10 Diagnostics?
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Up till now it has either booted into W2K and then stopped or has not got past the 'Loading Windows 2000' screen.

Downloaded the latest Compaq Diagonistics and the drive passed all the non-destructive tests. However on the last reboot the drive failed to spin-up so I'm now convinced that the drive is at fault. Now all I have to do is find a replacement, oh and of course, rebuild the server OS :((