1752565 Members
5602 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Event CPQDAEN 24589

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Event CPQDAEN 24589

Server is logging the following event en masse. Room temperature is normal (70) and have even tried moving server to a lower position in the rack. 24589 & 24590 are logged back to back multiple times. Running Storage Agents v5.0

Sensor 1 of External Storage device on Port 1 of Embedded Array Controller, is reporting the internal temperature is nearing the preset temperature limit. The controller may enact precautionary measures to prevent data loss should the temperature reach the operating limit.

Sensor 1 of External Storage device on Port 1 of Embedded Array Controller, is reporting the correction of a previously existing temperature condition. All of the temperature sensors in the external storage device are now reporting acceptable temperature levels.
4 REPLIES 4
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Hey Compaq, can I please get a little assitance, posted this a week ago.
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

We are experiencing the same fault on 3 servers, PLEASE help Compaq!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Gotink
Frequent Advisor

Also with agents version 6.30 I see these messages in the event log. Now with ID 4113 and 4114.
Why does not CIM 7 receive a SNMP trap of these messages ??????
Terry Hutchings
Honored Contributor

This will typically mean there's a drive going bad (overheating), especially if there is no fan failure on the storage system. I would recommend running the Array Diagnostic Utility and look for any hard read or hard write errors.

An alternative would be to open up insight manager and view the physical drive statistics. This will show the same read and/or write errors.
The truth is out there, but I forgot the URL..