1748111 Members
3760 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Event ID: 1010 Event Source: Perflib

R. Andrew Johnson
Occasional Advisor

Event ID: 1010 Event Source: Perflib

We are getting this error on a Dl380G3 with 6.3a support pack. When we remove the agents they go away. Any ideas?
Andrew
Event Type: Error
Event Source: Perflib
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1010
Date: 5/6/2003
Time: 5:57:42 AM
User: N/A
Computer: MS22
Description:
The Collect Procedure for the "Tcpip" service in DLL "C:\WINNT\system32\Perfctrs.dll" generated an exception or returned an invalid status. Performance data returned by counter DLL will be not be returned in Perf Data Block. Exception or status code returned is data DWORD 0.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
Data:
0000: 3d 01 00 00 =...
13 REPLIES 13
David in Tennessee
Frequent Advisor

R. Andrew Johnson
Occasional Advisor

The fix suggested did not solve the problem tried it on 2 servers. Any other things to try? Andrew
Robhp Schmall

I am also receiving this error. Has anyone come accross a resolution for this? The exctrlst.exe mentioned in Solution-id: 215.0.233519143.4035366 did not work. System DL580, W2k-sp3, Exch2k-sp3.
Dan Baxter
Frequent Advisor

Make sure you have the right version of exctrlst.exe. The one from the NT4 Resource kit will not work.

Unfortunately, the suggestion is NOT a fix. It merely turns off the performance counter, so the error is no longer generated. If for some reason you need to run performance monitoring on the TCP stack, you will have to re-enable this counter.

Hopefully someone will actually fix the problem soon.
Those who are different, change the world. Those who are the same, keep it that way.
Nigel Hamblyn
Occasional Advisor

anyone found a fix for this yet??
Ashley Taylor_2

The problem is caused by perfctrs.dll not working with some network adaptors.

Problem is, a fix is supposedly available from Microsoft, but it seems impossible to get any support from them at the moment.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;819716
Heiko Lentfer

I tried SP4 to resolve this probelm , but the fix of Microsoft is not in it yet.
Where to get it ??
Dmitry_31
Occasional Advisor

1. The patch from Microsoft is available but only by a request.

2. In my situation the problem was solved by just enabling TCP/IP performance counters in the registry (HKLM\ SYSTEM \ CurrentControlSet \ services\ TCP/IP \ Performance

For some reason these counters were turned off on all boxes (I am SURE I didn't do that during the installation)
Martin Aberg_1

I have tried Hotfix 819716 on a english system using Multi-Language. Tried the english version of the fix without any success...