1753876 Members
7203 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Event ID: 1071 memory module error

elvis_6

Event ID: 1071 memory module error

I had face same problem as above.
Every day user start the server, this warning message comeout in event log. I had log case to HP, and the Engineer had replace a ram 256MB. But, warning message still come out everytime we restart the server. Engineer use smart array CD checked all the hardware, it is passed. Then, Engineer is suppected is application corrupted. But i check all the application is running well.

Warning Message as description below:
Description:
System Information Agent: Health: Correctable memory error detected. The errors have been correctd, but the memory module should be replaced.
[SNMP TRAP: 6029 in CPQHLTH.MIB]

My server detail:
Compaq ML350 G3
512 MB
36 GB x 2 (hotswap)

Software detail:
HP smart start 6.30
Windows 2000 server SP4
Veritas Backup exec 9.1
APC powerchute 7

Services:
server is set as workgroup
running Terminal services & TS licensing
Print spooler OK!

Other error message encounter:
1)
The description for Event ID (1071) In Source (Server Agents) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE = flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: 0,1,!=0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0.
2)
The description for event ID (4) in Source (q57w2k) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use te /AUXSOURCE=flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support fo details. The following information is part of the event;, HP NC7760 Gigabit Server Adapter.
3)
WMI ADAP was unable to create object index 2266 for Performance Library TermService because no value was found in the 009 subkey.

Please advice!
If upgrade to 6.40, can the problem solve???

Rgds,
Elvis
2 REPLIES 2
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

Michael Saurman
Advisor

If that doesnt work, the memory slot could be faulty.