5262 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Event ID 1071

SOLVED
Go to solution
Jolene Shelton

Event ID 1071

After replacing all of the memory in the DL380 G2 with Compaq memory I am still getting the event ID 1071 source=Server Agents.
Compaq System Information Agent: Compaq Health: Correctable memory error detected. The errors have been corrected, but the memory module should be replaced. (did that)
[SNMP TRAP: 6029 in CPQHLTH.MIB]
I am thinking this is a support pack version issue...any other ideas?
7 REPLIES 7
Brian_Murdoch
Honored Contributor

Hi Jolene,

Your memory errors are false. There is a problem with the 6.30 agents. Please see the following customer advisory on this.

http://cybrary.inet.cpqcorp.net/ARCHIVE/ADVISORIES/CUSTOMER/ES030520_CW01.HTML

Here is a section from the advisory on the 6029 trap.
If the correctable memory error is false, the following error message will be displayed in the Windows event log and a corresponding SNMP trap (type 6029) will be forwarded to the connected service center; however, no memory event will be logged in the Integrated Management Log (IML):

The 6.40 agents hsould fix this. Download the W2K support pack here.

http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/17675.html

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Brian
Dave_180
Valued Contributor

There is an issue with the 6.3 SupportPack causing false memory events. If it was a true memory failure it would be followed by the Slot/DIMM numbers.

Upgrade to 6.4 or ignore the errors.
Tim Shearman

I had this problem with DL360R (1st generation) 3 off them.

The only fix in all cases was to replace the motherboard.

It only happened when the units were about a year old. I had the problem with Windows2k server and WindowsNT4 server.

Had tried all the patches, and replaced the memory like it says !! But still theonly fix was the MB...

Nice to see others are suffering from this NOT VERY DOCUMENTED FEATURE of compaq.

To top that, i have a DL580G2 with exactly the same problem. And am just about to call out my local Compaq Service Agent!! wish me luck trying to explain this one to them again!!
elvis_6

I had face same problem as above.
Every day user start the server, this warning message comeout in event log. I had log case to HP, and the Engineer had replace a ram 256MB. But, warning message still come out everytime we restart the server. Engineer use smart array CD checked all the hardware, it is passed. Then, Engineer is suppected is application corrupted. But i check all the application is running well.

Warning Message as description below:
Description:
System Information Agent: Health: Correctable memory error detected. The errors have been correctd, but the memory module should be replaced.
[SNMP TRAP: 6029 in CPQHLTH.MIB]

My server detail:
Compaq ML350 G3
512 MB
36 GB x 2 (hotswap)

Software detail:
HP smart start 6.30
Windows 2000 server SP4
Veritas Backup exec 9.1
APC powerchute 7

Services:
server is set as workgroup
running Terminal services & TS licensing
Print spooler OK!

Other error message encounter:
1)
The description for Event ID (1071) In Source (Server Agents) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE = flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: 0,1,!=0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0.
2)
The description for event ID (4) in Source (q57w2k) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use te /AUXSOURCE=flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support fo details. The following information is part of the event;, HP NC7760 Gigabit Server Adapter.
3)
WMI ADAP was unable to create object index 2266 for Performance Library TermService because no value was found in the 009 subkey.

Please advice!
If upgrade to 6.40, can the problem solve???

Rgds,
Elvis
Dave_180
Valued Contributor

I know this is an older topic - but HP has admitted to the problem and offers a solution regarding false memory errors.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=PSD_ES030520_CW01

So, to answer your question, upgrading to 6.4 will resolve this issue however there are more current versions.
Mark Matthews
Respected Contributor
Solution

Well out of date I know, but if anyone gets this again after swapping hardware, try clearing the IML (Integrated Management Log) in the BIOS.
Had a similar thing a few weeks ago and all my diags were failing, but it was picking up previous failures from the IML!
Cleared it and problem was solved...

Thanks
Mark...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white Kudos star to the left if this post is helpful :)
Jolene Shelton

Mark Matthews hit on the correct answer. I tried this solution in Dec 04 and the problem is resolved. Thanks for all the hints received.