New Discussion юеВ

Event ID 11

SOLVED
Go to solution
Emanuel_5
Occasional Advisor

Event ID 11

Hi Folks,
We are receiving event ID 11 Source cpqcissm.sys. The driver detected a controller error on \Device\ScsiPort#. This has stopped our access to our Cluster as well.
Any ideas how to get rid of the error message.

TIA
4 REPLIES 4
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Event ID 11

Hello Emanuel,
A couple of questions for you?? Which type of server do you have. I mean which generation and which OS you're using?? Second thing, Which type of array controller do you have?? Is this 5x or 6x?? The source of your error seems to be generating from the array controller. Please let me know the ans to my questions and I shall be help you out with the error.

Regards,
Emanuel_5
Occasional Advisor

Sunil, Thank you for your quick response. We thought the controller is bad so we upgraded our 5300 to 6400 and now getting Event ID 11 and source is cpqcisse??? This is driving us nuts. Please help.

Thanks

PS: We have a three hour window to get this going and I shall award you bonus points if this is fixed...:)))
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor

Hello,
Please apply the following driver and this should take care of Event ID 11 for you:

http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/18460.html

This is assuming you have W2K on your server
Please let me know how you make out.

Regards,
Emanuel_5
Occasional Advisor

Thanks very much Sunil for all your help. We have gotten rid of Event ID 11 and off to the next stage.
Your help is very much appreciated by all of us here.

Best regards,

Richard