1753502 Members
4753 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Event ID 1123

Henry Tsang
Occasional Contributor

Event ID 1123

System Information Agent: Health: Post Errors were detected. One or more Power-On-Self-Test errors were detected during server startup.
[SNMP TRAP: 6027 in CPQHLTH.MIB]

Above is the warning message, the server actually was not reboot. Look like it is a false alert. However, do you know why the message still appear?
7 REPLIES 7
The Spartan
Trusted Contributor

Henry,

Just lookup this link -
http://eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=1123++++++

raghav
If you are keen to win, you should be willing to lose.
The Spartan
Trusted Contributor

Henry,

Just lookup this link -

http://eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=1123++++++

Raghav

If you are keen to win, you should be willing to lose.
Henry Tsang
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the reply. The source is actually "server agents", not "ClusSrv".

However, even that did not apply in my case since the server was not reboot and there is no indication that there is any harddisk error.

Does that mean i can ignore it?
Brian_Murdoch
Honored Contributor

Hi Henry,

You can get this error when the raid controller is writing the parity across a newly created logical drive (Please see attachment).

Have you recently created a raid volume? Normally the raid progress can be viewed with the Array Configuration Utility (ACU). Large volumes may take a while to complete their construction but this is not a fault, just notification.

I hope this helps.

Brian

I├в ve encountered a similar, perhaps the exact same problem on a BL20pG3 with two mirrored 146,8GB SCSI Disks. The event have appeared somewhat intermittent (5 times over a period of three month) and this without any reboots whatsoever.

-----------------------------
Event Type: Warning
Event Source: Server Agents
Event Category: Events
Event ID: 1123
Date: 2/23/2006
Time: 2:44:07 PM
User: N/A
Computer: SERVER001
Description:
System Information Agent: Health: Post Errors were detected. One or more Power-On-Self-Test errors were detected during server startup.
[SNMP TRAP: 6027 in CPQHLTH.MIB]
-----------------------

No sign of disk error in either event viewer, Integrated Management Log or RAID Config util.

Did you ever solve your problem ?
Jonathan Bonde

I'm getting this error as well, on many systems. Its been going on for quite some time now, several months at least from what I can see in the event logs. In our case, every time the server is rebooted, it puts an instance of this in system log. These are existing servers, no new RAID configurations going in them, no new logical drives nothing of the sort. They are functionally fine, no issues at all. Just an irritant. If possible I'd like to find a way to get rid of them if anyone has some idea.
leo_61

We have 3 DL580 G3 servers that have the exact same issue. Has anybody been able to find a solution for this? Thanks.