ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753287 Members
5446 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion

Event ID: 15 - The device, \Device\ScsiPort1, is not ready for access yet.

amilhouse_1
Occasional Contributor

I have read some of the other posts/responses. My situation is somewhat different....

Server: Compaq Proliant 3000
Rom: P09 - 11/8/2000
Proc1: 600 MHz

My server is consitantly receiving the following message everynight around midnight:

I am not receiving any other messages.

I would like to know:

1. What causes it?

2. I have not been able to identify what specific controller is on this machine (I could reboot and look at the bios, but i would like to know if I could do this from windows).

3. I installed the "Survey Util" but it failed and requested that I install the "system management driver" which once I attempted to install that said that it was not needed on this server and exited.

4. Ultimately, i only want to replace the driver that will make this error message go away.

5. I have read many of the posts discussing this event id, however; there are some unique issues that are preventing this from being as simple as some of the other resolutions that I have read.

6. HP seems to have introduced a new utility (Remote Deployment Utility) which one page would not initiate a download, and another seemed to infer that you had do buy it.

7. Is there an FTP site and an index where you can find and download hp/compaq drivers.

1 REPLY 1
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor

Re: Event ID: 15 - The device, \Device\ScsiPort1, is not ready for access yet.

Hello,
The error message you are receing alongwith the Event ID 15 is caused by the older drivers on the server. Please update the drivers for your onboard SCSI controller and then apply the latest support pack. Assuming you have Windows 2000 here is the link:

http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/locate/20_1112.html

Regards,