6101 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Event ID 15 after backup

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Event ID 15 after backup

Hi,
I often (not always) receive this error in the system event log after a backup has been performed : "Event ID : 15. Source : cpq32fs2. Description : The device, \Device\ScsiPort, si not ready for access yet" The backup is nevertheless fine. Is this message important or can I ignore it? Thank,

Tim.
3 REPLIES 3
Mark Cloutier
Respected Contributor

Re: Event ID 15 after backup

this is one of two things..either your scsi driver is corrupt and working intermittently in which case you could simply reinstall it from the following location:
http://www.compaq.com/support/files/server/us/download/10070.html
the other possibility is if you check your event log do you see any 'scsi bus timeout" messages? if so then your scsi bus speed is set too high for your device...you can change this in the f10 partition
We are here for a good time, not a long time!
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

I too get that exact same error. What is causing the error in my case is Symantec Norton AV 7.5...any time the server is scanned or even a AV software update, The Veritas Back Up Exec hangs in "loading media". I have the latest Softpaq 4.5.?(something) I have to re-boot the server to get the tape backup to return to it's normal state. Any fix found for this?
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

I am seeing error 11 and 9 in the Event log for IO device errors after backup fails in Veritas. I talked with Compaq on this and they told me there was no BIOS change for the SCSI bus speed. This customer is rather upset because they purchased Veritas 8.6 and their backups are failing everynight now. They worked fine with the same DLT 40 GB Compaq drive that was purchased with this 330 using NT backup on Windows 2000 server, now with the new software the existing drive, and same OS, backups will not run. Any ideas or clarification on the BIOS speed change because Compaq support could not find the setting you just mentioned????????