1753366 Members
5667 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Event ID 1538

Dan Heller

Event ID 1538

I have never seen this message before and I can't seem to find anything on it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Source: Server Agents
Category: Health
Description:
Debug: The system Information Agent monitor thread has experienced an error in call to async notify IOCTL. The thread is exiting. Error information follows.

Data: Words

0000: c0000001
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Event ID 1538

The System Information Agent gathers some of its information from the HP ProLiant [iLO/non-iLO] Advanced System Management Controller Driver via IOCTL calls. This error message means that it tried to make an IOCTL call and it failed for some reason (the 0xC0000001 is a generic Microsoft "STATUS_UNSUCCESSFUL" error code, so more specific information about what error was experienced could probably not be determined.)

Was the Advanced System Management driver loaded on your system when this happened, and had it reported any problems to the System event log?
Neil Schlosser
Occasional Contributor

Re: Event ID 1538

I have the same problem and have yet to find anything on it either. How would I know if the Advanced System Management driver is loaded? I don't see it as a running service.