cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Event ID 24580 / CPQCISSE

Dan DeVEcka
Occasional Contributor

Event ID 24580 / CPQCISSE

My Proliant ML570 G2 is rebooting for no reason. In the event log I see the information error of Event ID 24580. Under system manag. page you see no issues or failures. Any idead as to wht is causing this?

Thanks, Dan
4 REPLIES
Andrew_346
Regular Advisor

Re: Event ID 24580 / CPQCISSE

Any errors in your IML? This could be a ASR being tripped by a hardware problem.
chongkan
Trusted Contributor

Event ID: 24580
Source cpqcisse
Type Information
Description Physical Drive removed:SCSI Port, ID of the Array Controller in slot.

------

This is giving Us a clue of what could be causing teh erros: Storage Subsystem

If you have a Smart Array Controller, run ADU.

Also, trun teh server off and reseat SCSI cabling from the controller and from the drive cage. This sounds to me like communication errors, the backplane on teh drive cage may be causing teh errors.

Can you attach teh ADU report so I can take a look to it and provide a more acurate diagnosis?

Regards.
chongkan
Trusted Contributor

If teh above doesn't work and you're using a SA-6400 series, you will have to replace the controller.

Is the server under warranty?
Dan DeVEcka
Occasional Contributor

This turn out to be an Hardware problem. On Port 2 ID 4 I had a red light lit on the daughter board. Never saw this because it is the bottom of my rack. For some reason something told me to look closly at the case and that is when I found the light lit.

thanks for all the help.

Dan