6201 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Event ID 3072 - Software Version Agent Errors

Event ID 3072 - Software Version Agent Errors

Hello,

we get a lot of errors in our eventlog.
Componenent: Software Version Agent
Error: Could not read from registry sub-key.
Cause: this error can be caused by a corrupt registry or a low memory.

The systems have ProLiant Support Pack 8.15b and newest firmware.

These are ProLiant DL 385 G5 P

Any ideas ?
2 REPLIES 2
sterls27
Frequent Advisor

I'm having the same problem and upon checking the registry I see that the VCA has not written to the registry, hence the error about the registry sub-key. I am in the process of troubleshooting and hopefully will have a resolution soon as I plan to copy a good key to the problem server to see if that helps to fix it. Uninstalling the VCA and reinstalling does not appear to fix it. Also, we are running the 8.20 x64 agents and after uninstalling I still have the error messages appearing in the event log. I'll post back what I find.
sterls27
Frequent Advisor

Ok, forget trying to mess with the registry. The only thing I did regarding registry was to delete the Verson Control directory under HKEY\LM\Software\Wow6432Node\Hewlett-Packard (x64 system, 32-bit drop the Wow6432Node)after I uninstalled the VC agent from add/remove programs. Upgrading the HP Agents to 8.25 and doing a fresh install of the VC agent at the same time resolved my issue. I am able to gather all software information now and no more errors in the event log.