1753913 Members
8644 Online
108810 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Event ID 4097 surveyor.exe reported by Dr. Watson

Rahul Sharma
Frequent Advisor

Event ID 4097 surveyor.exe reported by Dr. Watson

This error came on Compaq/Hp server ML370 I know that this is related to surveyor.exe which runs as a service on servers andl collects hardware related errors and reports to the CIM server.
I am not sure how to get rid of this error. I trap gets generated and reports to what ever reporting tool one uses.can anyone help me.

Thanks in advance.
Rahul
2 REPLIES 2
Nathan Gervais
Trusted Contributor

Re: Event ID 4097 surveyor.exe reported by Dr. Watson

Ross Humphryes
Frequent Advisor

Re: Event ID 4097 surveyor.exe reported by Dr. Watson

Hey dude

We got the same error!!!

DrWatson EventID 4097
The application, surveyor.exe, generated an application error. The error occurred on 08/17/2005 @ 21:32:16.281 The exception generated was c0000005 at address 0049D833 ()

We cant really tell what caused "surveyor.exe" to terminate although sending the DrWatson info to HP/Compaq may result in an analysis.

Is you probably know already, "Surveyor" runs as a service on servers and collects hardware related errors and reports to the CIM server. I know this doesnt help much but one thing to note is that "Surveyor" has been retired and is being replaced by Insight Online Diagnostics, which is already available.

We are using Surveyor-NT 2.44 (BUILD 09) on our server.

Maybe worth updating "Surveryor" if you have an old version like us. The following update is available on the HP support:
http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/19002.html

Survey Utility for Windows
version 2.56.8.0 (17 Dec 03)
Although this utility is available for download, beginning December 2004 support for it has been discontinued.

I hope this helps a little

cheers
Ross
Get in my belly