1753633 Members
5892 Online
108798 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Event ID error 9 and ID 24683

Joseph Coniglio
Occasional Contributor

Event ID error 9 and ID 24683

I have a DL580 G2 getting the following errors in event viewer. The error description is as follows for:
ID 9--The device, \Device\SCSI\CPQCISSM1, did not respond within the timeout period.

ID 24683-- SCSI bus fault occurred on Storage box 0,, port 1 of Array Controller [Embedded].
This may result in a "downshift" in transfer rate for one or more hard drives on the bus.

At the customers request the sys bd has been replaced but did not help. The server is running PSP 7.10 the latest the customer wiil allow and all Bios's are up to date. I have also updated the 5x/6x controller driver to ver 5.64.0.32 and still no help. This server will not pass QA until this is resolved please help.

Joseph
8 REPLIES 8
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

Search in archives, there was treat 2 weeks ago with solution by uninstalling a diagnostic tool from ADD/REMOVE Programs and reinstall latest diag. tool from 7.20 package. Something has to do with agents for diagnostic that triggers too early and it cause timeouts.
PaulL_1
Occasional Contributor

I├в m getting exactly the same downshift errors. BIOS, drivers etc are all up to date. Did you have the article at all on removing the diagnostic tool to fix this problem?

Than
Igor Karasik
Honored Contributor

I have this error on many servers.
I received following answer:
"This problem is being investigated by HP and is caused by the HP Insight Diagnostics Edition for Windows (The replacement for the Survey utility etc.)"
Resolution/Workaround :
http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/qu
estionanswer.do?threadId=785018
Jan Rychly
Occasional Visitor

Hello,

Have you already solved that trouble? I have the same with another server ML 370 G3 with Smart Array 6404, connected to MSA30. I updated firmwares, Bios and drivers, but the warning is in the event log again.

Thank you

Jan
PaulL_1
Occasional Contributor

No still having the same problems. Have tried changing doing everything that├в s mentioned in http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=785018.

Even with the HP Insight Diagnostics Online Edition for Windows uninstalled the problems are occurring. Have reinstalled but no luck. All BIOS are up to date especially with the 6400 as there are loads of problems to do with Downshift Errors and false reporting of battery conditions.

Problem occurs on our DL380 G3├в s and DL580 G2├в s.

One thing I did try that looks like might of fixed the problem on one DL580 G2 was deleted the drive / logical drive, removed all the physical drives from the array, put them back in, in a different order and recreated the array. Also you might want to check that the firmware on the drives is up
Igor Karasik
Honored Contributor

The problem doesn't related to hardware.
I have this error on ALL 12 NEW ML370 G4 servers we received recently with 6400 and 641 raid cards.
According http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=785018
we can just ignore this error.
Michael D. Edwards

I had the same error messages. I didn't ignore them but sent them to HP to help me with them. In the meantime 2 drives in my RAID ARRAY failed!!
Terry Hutchings
Honored Contributor

Michael can you provide more information about this? Has the problem been resolved? Is this still going? Internal or external drives?
The truth is out there, but I forgot the URL..