1753934 Members
9969 Online
108810 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Event Log Messages

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Event Log Messages

I have just built an ML530 with dual eon 1.0GHz and 1128MB Memory. It has a SMART ARRAY 5300 with 64MB and 6 I 36.4 BB 10.000 PM drives configured RAID 10. I have teamed two network cards, 1 NC6134 Fibre card and a NC3123. The server is currently running Lotus Notes 4.6a. Overall the server is working fine except for the following Event Log message being generated every 2 minutes.

Event ID= 515, Source= NC Agents, Type=Warning, Category=Drive Array. Description=Component: Compaq NC Agent Error: Unable to open the registry sub key "CPQNIC\Ether net\Statistics". Cause: This error can be caused by a corrupt registry or a low memory condition. Rebooting the server may correct this error.

any help in this matter would be appreciated.
4 REPLIES 4
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

That wouldn't have anything to do with the array controller - so it must be a registry error. Go into Control Panel, Compaq Management Agents and remove the NIC Information Agent. Close the applet and open it back up. Add that agent back in and then close out of the applet and Control Panel. Restart the system and see if the error is fixed...
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Removing and adding the NIC agent back didn't work for me, I had to uninstall the whole Insight Management Agents and reinstall it back so the reg key was properly created. Everything's fine now, thanks
Stefano
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

I am haveing the same issue. I even removed the agent and reinstalled it. No Dice... It is affecting the performance of the server on the network. What more can be done.
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

I want to mention that the Registry entry that it is looking for is truly not there. Could it have been missed in the Installer?