ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Expand RAID1 volume on ML110 G3

Expand RAID1 volume on ML110 G3

Hi.
I had a RAID1 volume with 2x 80GB SATA drives on the embedded Adaptec RAID controller.
I have swapped the 2x 80GB drives with 2x 1TB drives (one at a time and rebuild after each swap). Now I want to either expand the existing logical RAID1 drive or add a new logical RAID1 drive to make use of the extra space, but I cannot figure out how to do that in the HP Storage Manager, which controls the RAID system. It is explained in the help text, but the option explained there isn't visible in the application. Isn't it possible to do what I want?
Best regards
Ulrik Andreassen
4 REPLIES
TTr
Honored Contributor

Re: Expand RAID1 volume on ML110 G3

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c00405440/c00405440.pdf

This user guide on page 12 says to right-click on the controller name/icon. Maybe you 'll have better luck there.

In your attachment it looks like you clicked on the raid array name/icon under the logical drives menu. Apparently these menu actions are related to the existing logical drive.

Thanks for your input.
Unfortunately the "Create logical drive" is not selectable, when right-clicking on the controller.
Is this controller limited to only one logical drive?
TTr
Honored Contributor

That's disappointing. I could not find and explicit mention anywhere about the one logical drive limit.

There is a hint on page 10 of http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c00771065/c00771065.pdf

In the middle of the page it says...

> Size indicates the size of the logical drive. MAX is the only size option available.

In general in this guide, you can tell that the controller has limited capabilities from the way you select the physical drives to create the logical drive.

I guess if you want the extra space you have to backup, recreate the array and restore.

hmmm, I think you're right. :-(
NOT the solution that I was hoping for...